Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse and Museum

Has to be my favorite place to visit, but then I'm a lighthouse lover... I just love the red brick that the light house is built from. The walk ways around the lighthouse are also red.. this is a must place to see if your teaching your children about Florida's history... Completed in 1887, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station was built when the area was known as Mosquito Inlet. After decades of restoration by the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse Preservation Association, it stands today as one of the best preserved, most complete Light Stations in the nation.
The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse and Museum is open daily to the public at 10:00 a.m. Closing time varies depending on the time of year and calendar day. Admission rates are $5.00 for adults and $1.50 for children 11 and under. There's a discount ticket here for 10% off.. Directions are also on that page...
There's also great restaurant there that serves seafood and you can sit outside, bad thing is I can't remember the name.. Anyone know let me know and I'll post it

No comments:

Post a Comment